We’re a #1 Ranked Veteran-Friendly franchise opportunity.
You joined the military because you felt the call to serve your country. But after the military, your service – and your career – can continue in new directions. Conquer a career as a home-based travel agency franchise owner, adding to the experience you earned in the military and helping you find new purpose in the community.
Here are 5 more popular reasons why Dream Vacations is one of the best franchises for veterans:
- Freedom & flexibility.
- Excellent training resources (leadership skills learned in the service prepares veterans to lead in life and business).
- Support system from fellow franchisees and leadership.
- More opportunities to travel.
- Veteran discounts with opportunities, licensing, training, and certification (Dream Vacations offers 20% off initial fee).
Veteran’s Enlistment Package
- Choose your incentive: pick one signing promotion – which may include waived administrative fees.
- Initial fee discount of 30%. $3150 VALUE!
- Training fee waived for a business partner. $495 VALUE!
- Veteran-Owned Business marketing assets and web banners. $195 VALUE!
- Recruit Veteran/Military Spouses as your Associates: First associate fee is FREE. $495 VALUE! All other associates are 50% off (unlimited $249 per person value).
- No territories – ability to move your business if you relocate or deploy.
- Travel discounts for your Military customers.
- Veteran Networking Groups
- Lead Generation through our VetFran membership
- Access to our Command Center Toolkit – specialized veteran marketing assets and training
More Benefits for Veterans
- Annual Free Travel Franchise Contest for Veterans – Operation Vetrepreneur (Since 2012, $12,300 per winner, 51 winners = $637,800 value).
- FREE Travel Franchise Contest – Military Spouses ($12,300 per person value).
- FREE $25,000 Dream Vacations giveaway to a Military Veteran.
Best Franchise Opportunity for Veterans – Awards & Recognition:
- #1 Ranked: Entrepreneur Magazine: Top Franchise for Veterans – 2017 & 2019
- #2 Ranked: Entrepreneur Magazine: Top Franchise for Veterans – 2020
- #1 Ranked: Military Times: Best for Vets – 2014-2018
- #1 Ranked: Forbes: Top 10 Military Friendly Franchises
- International Franchise Association: Gold Award for Franchising Gives Back Veteran Initiatives
- USA Today: 50 Top Franchises for Military Veterans
- Franchise Business Review: Top 100 Vet Friendly Franchise
- GI Jobs: Hot Franchises for Veterans – since 2014
- 1851: Top 100 Vet Friendly Franchise
- Opportunity World: Top Franchises for Veterans
- MSC Cruises: Seaside Salute Award
- U.S. Veterans Magazine: Top Veteran-Friendly Franchise
You love your country and are proud of the opportunities it provides, so you decided to join the military to give back in the best way you knew how. But your career doesn’t have to end just because your military service has – it will just continue in a different direction.
Becoming a home-based travel agency franchise owner will help you discover a new purpose in your community. We are ranked #1 by Forbes, Entrepreneur magazine, and Military Times as being the BEST veteran franchise opportunity. We’re also a proud 5-star member of VetFran, an initiative of the International Franchise Association dedicated to providing veterans and their spouses with access to opportunities in franchising.
Small Business Ideas for Active Military
Can you start a business while in the military? Yes, you can have a business while on active duty. Though some active military members may be skeptical of the idea, there are plenty of ways to dive into running a small business. Active duty military members simply need to look for business opportunities that provide enough flexibility to be done both at home and remotely, when on duty. Upon finding the right opportunity, active military members can thrive just as well as vetrepreneurs or civilian entrepreneurs.
So what is military entrepreneurship? This is when an active military member starts a business on the side of serving the country. The business can be run after normal duties are done for the day, or when the military member is home for longer periods of time. A flexible business can also be run remotely, or a spouse or business partner can take over when the military member is on active duty.
Active duty military members make great candidates for entrepreneurship because they already have a steady paycheck coming in, as well as healthcare for the family and a stable job.
Best Cruise Franchise
With nearly 30 years of industry expertise, Dream Vacations have become the industry’s premier cruise franchise with over 1,500 franchise owners. With our parent company, World Travel Holdings, we are the largest-selling cruise agency in the world.
Did you know that the average time it takes someone to figure out and book a vacation is five hours? With the nonstop busy nature of the world today, people just don’t have the time to do it. They rely on the advice of a knowledgeable, experienced travel agent.
We provide 24/7 support with an unparalleled 1:10 ratio because with us, you’re not just another number – you’re part of the family. And our state-of-the-art web-based business tools allow you to get the work done from anywhere. That’s right – you get to set your own schedule, be your own boss, and figure out your own ideal work-life balance. And the best part? You get travel perks and discounts to make it easier for you to experience the world yourself.
Most Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I certify my company as veteran-owned?
To certify your company as veteran-owned, you’ll need to register with the VA. Contact the VA to find out which contracts apply to your business. Service-disabled veterans have special certifications and contracts that differ from other veterans, so you’ll want to make sure you’re applying for the right certification.
Most certifications require you to show proof that you are veteran, so you’ll need your Department of Defence Form 214. If you’re a service-disabled veteran, you’ll also need a letter of proof from the United States Department of Veteran Affairs.
You will also want to make sure you qualify to be officially sanctioned as a veteran-owned business before going through the application process. To do so, you must own at least 51% of your company.
Americans love supporting small business owners, and they’re especially happy to support vetrepreneurs. Many people will go out of their way to purchase from a veteran-owned company. Taking the time to certify your company as veteran-owned will be well worth the effort.
Can you use your GI Bill to start a business?
No, you cannot use your GI Bill directly to start a business. However, you can use your GI Bill to gain the education needed to become a successful entrepreneur. The right education is an invaluable asset in setting off on the right path with your business.
The term GI Bill refers to any education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs, meaning the money can be used to help cover the cost of education or training. Your GI Bill might be a:
- Post 9-11 GI Bill
- Active Duty Montgomery GI Bill
- Reserve and Guide Montgomery GI Bill
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Education Program
If you’re an aspiring vetrepreneur or military entrepreneur, you can look into your GI Bill benefits which may cover a variety of training and educational programs, such as:
- College degree programs
- Non-college degree programs (like technical and vocational training)
- Flight training
- National tests like the SAT
- On-the-job training programs or apprenticeships
- Licensing and certification costs
How can you get funding for a veteran-owned business?
Veterans have many options for funding their business. The small business administration offers special loans for veteran-owned businesses, and other lenders also offer unique loans for veteran entrepreneurs. Other loan options include:
- Military Economic Injury Loans.
- Veterans Business Fund.
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Contracting Program.
- Dream Vacations Franchise is offering financing with as little as $3,500 down.
- Dream Vacations Franchise offers an annual contest, Operation Vetrepreneur, where we award five free franchisees a year. For more information please visit, Operation Vetrepreneur.