Browse frequently asked questions about the Dream Vacations franchise.
What do I get in return for my investment?
- Franchise license
- Seller of travel license for required states
- Ownership of clients and database
- 6-day initial training at our world headquarters
- Ongoing and continuous education available 24/7 on-demand and via live webinars or in-person conferences
- Award-winning and turn-key marketing, 90% of which are offered FREE
- Web-based technology including a customer relationship management, reservations, financial and reporting system, email and a virtual business center intranet
- Support from a dedicated corporate team available 6 days-a-week via phone, email or instant chat
- Unlimited websites with a live booking engine
- $2+ Million in fully-funded promotions spent on behalf of all our travel franchise owners
- $2 Million in marketing, lead generation, and brand awareness programs spent on behalf of all our travel franchise owners
- $150,000 in bonus funds distributed annually
- Affiliation with World Travel Holdings, providing you buying power, preferred pricing in the marketplace and 100% of the industry’s highest-paid commissions which are paid weekly
- CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) membership
- Ability to grow your business with unlimited associates
How long does it take to recoup my initial investment and how much can I expect to make?
This is a question we are asked quite often. You earn commission on your sales from a wide variety of vacations, travel insurance, excursions, and more. Franchising is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and by law, we cannot give earnings claims. You may consider contacting existing Dream Vacations Franchise Owners and ask them, or you can review our Item 19 financial performance representation within our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
Are there travel benefits and discounts to me?
Yes! Travel the world; it’s one of the best parts of becoming a home-based travel franchise owner! Suppliers offer free or significantly reduced travel rates to you so you can experience the products you are selling first-hand, and share your experiences with your clients. Plus, since all of our technology is web-based you can operate your business from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. So go ahead and travel the world while selling dream vacations to your clients, it’s all part of the fun!
How do I get customers? What marketing support do you provide?
There are many ways to obtain customers. We’ll guide you through this process and share best practices from our most successful franchise owners. Our marketing, public relations, business development, training and support teams are all hands on deck to support you. We have a large variety of award-winning marketing programs, and 90% of our professionally produced marketing programs are offered FREE to you. You’ll find what works for you and your business, but some ideas include: Word of mouth from friends and family, social media, direct mail, in-person events and trade shows, email marketing, print advertisements, networking groups, public relations, complimentary lead list purchasing and so much more.
Do you get exclusive territories?
No. We believe territories are not necessary because you book vacations for clients who live all over the world. Generally our contracts with cruise lines allow for us to book U.S. & Canadian residents. However, some cruise lines also allow bookings to anyone internationally. At this time, bookings cannot be made for anyone from the following countries: Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, and N. Korea.
How long is the contract for and is it a one-time fee?
The initial fee is one-time only and your contract is a 5-year term. Should you choose to renew after the 5-year term, you will NOT be required to pay the initial fee again.
Can I have a partner & can my partner come to training?
Yes, you can have a business partner for a $495 fee. You are also allowed unlimited associates and we offer them virtual training. Associates are $495 each; however, we do have a program in place where your first U.S. Veterans or Military Spouse associate is free of charge, and all others are 50% off.
How do I compete with the internet?
Clients come to you because of the personalized unbiased service you provide them. As a travel professional you represent ALL travel products, not just a specific brand so you can help ensure the client’s vacations preferences are met with a vacation experience that meets their needs. Plus, as a Franchise Owner your clients will have confidence in knowing you will provide them with the best price and the best promotions – many times lower than they can find elsewhere. Not to mention, a client will know they will always talk to the same person when booking a vacation through your travel franchise – you!
What's the difference between CruiseOne and Dream Vacations?
Dream Vacations is part of the CruiseOne brand, and is not a separate company, rather a separate trade mark. As a franchise owner, you have the choice of which brand is the best fit for your business. Either way, you’ll receive the same marketing programs, technology, corporate support, etc. Choose either Dream Vacations, a brand that speaks to experiences, all vacations and all customers or CruiseOne, a brand that speaks to the ultimate Dream Vacation, cruising, while allowing you to service customers with all vacation experiences.